Ely Ease Past Battling Sutton
ELY II s push for promotion was given a boost at the weekend courtesy of a seven wicket win over Sutton II. Sent in to the field first, Ely, and in particular Ben Storey, impressed with some immeasurably accurate bowling. Some sterling work from Storey e
ELY II's push for promotion was given a boost at the weekend courtesy of a seven wicket win over Sutton II.
Sent in to the field first, Ely, and in particular Ben Storey, impressed with some immeasurably accurate bowling.
Some sterling work from Storey especially, saw him collect 5-26 from his ten overs and played a large part in keeping Sutton from clicking into gear, their innings finishing on 123-9.
Sutton's Ryan Bowles looked to have given his side a shot at victory early on as he nipped out two early wickets for a handful of runs to put Ely under pressure.
You may also want to watch:
The arrival of Mark Higginson (47) and Kevin Felton (45) at the crease however, proved a seminal moment in the match as they pair manoeuvred Ely to victory with almost 20 overs to spare.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed