Ely duo help Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do to national success
- Credit: Archant
Two Ely fighters helped the Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do scoop a massive 17 trophies at the British Tae Kwon-Do Championships.
Oliver Murray and Matthew Seymour both finished in third place in their categories, and the local schools bagged a further 15 awards on a hugely successful afternoon on November 20.
More than 1,000 competitors went head-to-head in 20 fighting areas throughout the day, and 46 local students experienced success in Pattern, Sparring, Destruction and Team Sparring events.
Mark Farnham said: “To win any award at this event is a very serious achievement, so we are very proud to have won these awards throughout our 14 schools.
“A very well done to all the students who achieved these awards and a big thank you to all the officials and spectators who took the journey to support us.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the schools, call 07771644460 or visit www.mftkd.co.uk.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k