Cycling: Ely & District members in Eastern League action
- Credit: Archant
Ely & District Cycling Club cyclocross racers were in action at the Eastern League event at the World Horse Welfare Centre near Snetterton.
The event was organised by Iceni Velo and the youth races in the morning were on frozen ground, providing reasonable levels of grip.
Tom Lewis took advantage of conditions to finish 10th in the under-12 race, while Kieran Vanhoutte was 14th despite being involved in a crash on the first lap.
Isaac Barton was 17th in the under-14 race after picking up places throughout.
By the time the older riders came to race, the ground had begun to thaw, leaving a slippery layer of mud over the frozen ground beneath.
You may also want to watch:
Ferenc Vanhoutte was the sole Ely rider in the veterans race and finished in 49th place, while Phil Peacock failed to finish the grand vets race.
Martin Holland had one of his best results of the season, finishing 25th despite a fall which lost him four places.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on