Cycling: Ely & District members in Cyclocross action
- Credit: Archant
Ely & District Cycling Club members were in action at the Eastern Cyclocross League race at Grafham Water last weekend.
Following their victories in last weekend's Muddy Monsters races at Milton Country Park, Lucas Bowman and Eleanor Stewart returned to action, with the latter making her debut in the competition.
Fellow debutant Harvey Woodroffe was the first of the Ely riders to finish the Under-10 race in eighth, as Stewart finished i8th and Bowman 25th.
Keiran Vanhoutte was the only Ely rider in the Under-12 race and finished 15th, while in the Youth race, Isaac Barton had his best result of the season in 27th, with Tom Setchell close behind in 34th.
In the Veterans race, Ferenc Vanhoutte also had his best finish of the season so far in 47th, with another cyclocross debutant Neil Bowman 63rd.
You may also want to watch:
After a DNF in the previous round due to illness, Martin Holland took 42nd place in the Grand Veterans race.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely