Junior riders flying the Ely flag
- Credit: Archant
With a week off for the club’s senior cyclocross and MTB racers, it was left to the junior members of the Ely & District Cycling Club - B&T Motor Repairs to represent the club in competition.
On Sunday Tom Lewis headed down to London to compete in the Hilligdon Autumn Duathlon in the Tristars 2 race for competitors aged 11 and 12.
This consisted of a 750m run, a 6km bike ride, with a 1.5km run to finish.
Despite being one of the younger riders, Tom finished the race in second place, nearly two minutes ahead of the rider in third place.
A couple of days earlier, on Friday evening, Toby Turner took part in the Fenland Clarion Go-Ride Cross Races in Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
In his first ever competitive cycling event, Toby finished his three races in third, second and third place and thoroughly enjoyed his first bike racing experience.
Ely & District Cycling Club - B&T Motor Repairs runs weekly junior coaching sessions which take place on Monday evenings at Ely College.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
For more information contact Cliff Loveday on 07443 953308.