Ely & District Cycling Club junior member Tom Lewis races to victory in Muddy Monsters race
- Credit: Archant
Two of Ely & District Cycling Club’s junior members took part in the Hereward CC round of the Muddy Monsters cyclocross race series at Thorpe Hall Hospice in Peterborough on Saturday.
In the under 10s race Kieran Vanhoutte was ninth in the sprint race and third in the endurance race to give him a finishing position of fourth overall. In the under 12s race Tom Lewis finished in first place in the sprint race and second in the endurance race with the result that he won the event overall.
Tom is currently in third place in the Muddy Monsters Series with one round remaining.
On Sunday, two EDCC senior members took part in early season time trial races. Rob Golding took part in a race organised by CC Sudbury on the hilly BS24/R course near Sudbury.
Rob rode the 22-mile course in a time of 52 minutes 11 seconds, 1 minute 46 seconds down on the winner Leon West, a time which left him in joint sixth place in the men’s competition.
You may also want to watch:
John Manlow was also racing on March 11 but on the 25 mile E1/25b course, starting near Stansted Mountfitchet, in an event organised by Lea Valley CC. John finished in a time of 1:05:31, despite not using race bike or wheels but using training kit instead.
Another junior member, Ollie Sinden, raced on Sunday in his first Four Cross event.
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 7 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 8 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 9 Woman claims Cambridgeshire police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 10 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
Four Cross is a form of downhill mountain bike racing where up to four competitors race against each other on a technical downhill course at the same time.
Ollie was racing in the Schwalbe British 4x Series at Chicksands, and ended up finishing second in the B Final in the under 12 age group.