Racing to the finish for Ely and District Cycling Club
- Credit: Archant
A mixture of road and off-road racing was enjoyed by members of the Ely and District Cycling Club.
Five members turned up to race at the ECCA event held on the E2/10 course near Newmarket, with Darran Bennett once again proving to be the fastest Ely rider on the day with a time of 20:42.
Second fastest was John Manlow with a time of 22:25, just beating Steve Peck who finished with a time of 22:29.
Will Shepherd was close behind with a time of 22:39, and Alison Fox stopped the clock on 26:11.
While those five were racing near Newmarket, Derek Ricketts was racing on the B10/43 course near Bungay in the East Anglia VTTA race.
You may also want to watch:
Ricketts finished the 10 mile course in a time of 23:16 to give him seventh place overall on the day.
On Sunday, eight club members took part in the 7th round of the Mud Sweat & Gears Eastern MTB series at Radical Bikes near Chelmsford.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
The Under 12s and open races saw two pairs of father and son racers, with Ollie Sinden finishing 19th in the Under 12s and father Mark Sinden finishing 54th in the Open race, while Charlie Fleet was 22nd in the Under 12s and Gary Fleet 35th in the open race.
Mathew Eley and Mikie Burrell were again racing in the Sport race, with Eley finishing in 4th place and Burrell in 15th.
In the Grant Vets category Martin Holland finished one place ahead of team-mate Paul Harbinson in 18th.