Mud, wind, rain, sleet and snow? Not exactly for the cyclocross riders from Ely in Essex at the weekend
- Credit: Archant
The sunny season continued for the Ely and District Cycling Club as they headed into Essex on Sunday.
Being primarily a winter sport, cyclocross racers are used to wind, rain, sleet and snow.
But not so for the four Ely & District Cycling Club - B&T Motor Repairs members racing in the seventh round of the eastern cyclocross league.
They arrived at Mistley near Colchester to be welcomed by blue skies, sunshine and decidedly temperate conditions.
First onto the race course which wound its way through, up and down Furze Woods near Mistley was Isaac Barton in the under 14s race.
You may also want to watch:
Taking inspiration from a new bicycle, Isaac finished in 24th place, one of his best results of the season.
In the veterans race Dan Bromilow finished his first cyclocross race of the season in 44th place, just ahead of Stephen Croft who finished 22 seconds down in 45th place. In the grand vets category Martin Holland finished in 33rd place, his second-best result of the season.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph