Ely & District Cycling Club keeping busy across three disciplines
- Credit: Archant
From time trials to cyclocross and MTB races, members of Ely & District Cycling Club – B&T Motor Repair raced in all three disciplines over a busy two days.
Racing kicked off with cyclocross at the Stow Scramble at Haughley Park near Stowmarket on Saturday, September 12, a trial event for the upcoming winter series to test Covid-19 racing regulations.
Despite his chain falling off, Harvey Woodroffe finished 11th in the under 12s race, while Kieran Vanhoutte edged Isaac Barton to be the first Ely rider home in 31st place.
Andrew Hambling stepped up an age category to the junior race and finished 10th.
In the veterans category, Neil Bowman and Ferenc Vanhoutte came 24th and 28th respectively, while Martin Holland beat Simon Hambling to the line in the grand veterans race.
Another mechanical issue coupled with illness forced Harvey Woodroffe to retire from the mud, sweat and gears mountain bike race on Sunday, September 13, although Mikie Burrell finished the category three event in 32nd.
Two Ely riders took part in the ECCA time trial on the B25/9 course near Attleborough in Norfolk.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 7 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 10 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
Darran Bennett was the fastest club rider in 51 minutes and eight seconds to earn ninth place, while John Manlow finished in 55:14 in 28th.