Ely & District Cycling Club keeping busy across three disciplines
- Credit: Archant
From time trials to cyclocross and MTB races, members of Ely & District Cycling Club – B&T Motor Repair raced in all three disciplines over a busy two days.
Racing kicked off with cyclocross at the Stow Scramble at Haughley Park near Stowmarket on Saturday, September 12, a trial event for the upcoming winter series to test Covid-19 racing regulations.
Despite his chain falling off, Harvey Woodroffe finished 11th in the under 12s race, while Kieran Vanhoutte edged Isaac Barton to be the first Ely rider home in 31st place.
Andrew Hambling stepped up an age category to the junior race and finished 10th.
In the veterans category, Neil Bowman and Ferenc Vanhoutte came 24th and 28th respectively, while Martin Holland beat Simon Hambling to the line in the grand veterans race.
You may also want to watch:
Another mechanical issue coupled with illness forced Harvey Woodroffe to retire from the mud, sweat and gears mountain bike race on Sunday, September 13, although Mikie Burrell finished the category three event in 32nd.
Two Ely riders took part in the ECCA time trial on the B25/9 course near Attleborough in Norfolk.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Darran Bennett was the fastest club rider in 51 minutes and eight seconds to earn ninth place, while John Manlow finished in 55:14 in 28th.