Cycling: Ely members out in force at time trial
- Credit: Archant
There was a good turnout of riders from the Ely & District Cycling Club B&T Motor Repairs in the ECCA 10-mile time-trial on the E2/10 course from Six Mile Bottom to Fourwentways and back.
The fastest Ely rider in the event was once again Darran Bennett, who took advantage of favourable conditions to complete the 10-mile course in a time of 19.47 at an average speed of 30.3mph, the fastest time ever set on the E2/10 course by an Ely rider.
John Manlow was the second fastest Ely rider in a time of 21.19, a personal best for him at that distance, with Derek Ricketts third fastest in a time of 21.33, which was also his fastest time ever on the E2/10 course.
Martin Holmes finished in a time of 21.45, a few seconds faster than Will Shepherd (21.52), who also set a new personal best over 10 miles.
Glen Clark, in his first open time trial for several years, finished in a time of 23.34 and Alison Fox was the third Ely rider to set a distance personal best with her time of 24.17.
You may also want to watch:
Rory Havis took part in the Great Yamouth CC race held over a 25-mile distance on the BS13A course between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft and finished in a time of 57.35 which gave him third place on the day.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home