Early crash fails to stop youngster Tom making race history
- Credit: Davey Jones
Cyclist Tom Lewis was not going to let an early crash damage his hopes of earning a first podium place of his career.
The youngster’s hopes were hindered by a crash on a slipper corner, but the Ely & District Cycling Club – B&T Motor Repairs rider managed to recover.
Lewis climbed to second spot in the Eastern Cyclocross League youth race at Redgrave Activities Centre, Suffolk to record his first podium finish.
Kieran Vanhoutte came 16th in the same race.
Meanwhile, Harvey Woodroffe narrowly missed out on a fifth podium spot in seven events, finishing fourth in the under 12s race.
Lucas Bowman continued his upward form with a ninth-place finish.
In the V40 race, Ferenc Vanhoutte battled through a back injury to cross in 31st, while Neil Bowman took another top 10 spot in the V50 race.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
Ely took part in the regional championships at Trinity Park, Ipswich on November 28.