Early crash fails to stop youngster Tom making race history
- Credit: Davey Jones
Cyclist Tom Lewis was not going to let an early crash damage his hopes of earning a first podium place of his career.
The youngster’s hopes were hindered by a crash on a slipper corner, but the Ely & District Cycling Club – B&T Motor Repairs rider managed to recover.
Lewis climbed to second spot in the Eastern Cyclocross League youth race at Redgrave Activities Centre, Suffolk to record his first podium finish.
Kieran Vanhoutte came 16th in the same race.
Meanwhile, Harvey Woodroffe narrowly missed out on a fifth podium spot in seven events, finishing fourth in the under 12s race.
Lucas Bowman continued his upward form with a ninth-place finish.
In the V40 race, Ferenc Vanhoutte battled through a back injury to cross in 31st, while Neil Bowman took another top 10 spot in the V50 race.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
Ely took part in the regional championships at Trinity Park, Ipswich on November 28.