Ely Cycling Club members battle CC Breckland 10 race
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cycling Club members Francesca Rust and Phillip Gosling travelled to Norfolk to brave the weather conditions, along with 47 others, to take part in the CC Breckland 10.
Rust recorded a time of 27 minutes and 23 seconds at the race in Hingham, while Gosling finished in 23:39 to take 11th place.
The overall winner was Cambridge Cycling Club’s David McGraw, who finished with a time of 21 minutes and 19 seconds.
A day later, the focus turned to the first round of the Mud, Sweat & Gears series held at Hintlesham, near Hadleigh.
Muddy conditions plagued the race, but John McAndrew, taking part in the Grand Veteran race, finished in seventh place, finishing five laps in one hour and 36 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Also, in the same race was Paul Harbinson, who finished in 21st place, finishing with four laps on the board.
Matt Eley cycled to an impressive sixth place in the male race, completing five laps in the allotted time.
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
The second round takes place on the April 17 at Henham Park, Suffolk.