Ely Cycling Club members battle CC Breckland 10 race
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cycling Club members Francesca Rust and Phillip Gosling travelled to Norfolk to brave the weather conditions, along with 47 others, to take part in the CC Breckland 10.
Rust recorded a time of 27 minutes and 23 seconds at the race in Hingham, while Gosling finished in 23:39 to take 11th place.
The overall winner was Cambridge Cycling Club’s David McGraw, who finished with a time of 21 minutes and 19 seconds.
A day later, the focus turned to the first round of the Mud, Sweat & Gears series held at Hintlesham, near Hadleigh.
Muddy conditions plagued the race, but John McAndrew, taking part in the Grand Veteran race, finished in seventh place, finishing five laps in one hour and 36 minutes.
Also, in the same race was Paul Harbinson, who finished in 21st place, finishing with four laps on the board.
Matt Eley cycled to an impressive sixth place in the male race, completing five laps in the allotted time.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
The second round takes place on the April 17 at Henham Park, Suffolk.