Ely & District Cycling Club: Time trials and road racing for Ely cyclists
- Credit: Archant
John Manlow was the sole member of the Ely & District Cycling Club taking part in a time trial this weekend, racing in the Finsbury Park 50 on the F1B/50 course near Biggleswade on Sunday.
Manlow continued his recent run of good form and completed the 50 mile course in just under two hours, finishing in a time of 1:59:52 and 22nd place on the day.
Manlow had also been racing during the week in the Breckland 25 mile race on the B25/8 course near Attleborough in Norfolk, a race he finished in a time of 59:34 to put him in 24th place.
Sunday also saw the sixth round of the Mud Sweat and Gears Eastern XC mountain bike championship at Hintlesham.
On a dry, dusty and fast course Mathew Eley put in another excellent performance with a podium place in the Sport race, taking third place only five seconds behind second-placed James Pickering.
You may also want to watch:
Mikie Burrell finished in 13th place in the Sport race, while Paul Harbinson and Phil Peacock finished in 27th and 33rd places respectively in the Grand Vets race.
The day before Dan Bromilow and Zena Palgrave finished the final stage of the Tour Transalp, a 7 day stage race over the Alps for amateur two person teams.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
Going into the last day in 24th place in the Mixed team event they were just beaten into 25th place on the final climb by a pair of German riders from Team Plasmatreat-Storck Bicycle.
Bromilow and Palgrave finished the 7 days of racing with a total riding time just over 35 hours for the 827km race which featured 17,797m of climbing.