Ely College set to host trials for Norwich City football scholarship
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City FC is offering the next generation of football stars the opportunity to take part in trials as part of their partnership with Ely College.
The Norwich City Football and Education Shadow Scholarship gives current year 11 students the chance to study a full-time Cambridge Technical OCR Level 3 in Sports Studies.
Away from their studies, successful trialists will also take part in football training as well as futsal training – an indoor variation of the sport which aims to improve technical skill and ability.
The opportunity to represent Norwich City FC in the England College Divisions and regular Futsal events, which take place at Carrow Park, next to the Canaries’ home stadium, is also on offer.
The football scheme also provides exit routes into coaching, university and further involvement in the sport.
You may also want to watch:
Open trials are being held on Thursday 29th October from 11am to 3pm at Ely College, Downham Road. For more information or to book a trail place, please call Pip Davis on 07468 512197.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k