NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Boss ‘over the moon’ as Ely City win Team of the Year award at 2017 Living Sport Awards
- Credit: Archant
Brady Stone says he is “over the moon” after Ely City won the Team of the Year award at the 2017 Living Sport Awards.
The Robins claimed the prize after a massively successful 2016/17 season in which they reached the last 16 of the FA Vase and a mid-table Thurlow Nunn Premier Division finish.
Stone, who attended the awards ceremony in St Ives with assistant manager Martin Grey, said: “We’re over the moon. We didn’t think we’d win it but we’re really pleased.
“Winning the award is down to everyone at the club and all the effort they’ve put in over the last few years.
“It was a really good night, very well organised and it was great to see so many people, clubs and organisations who contribute to the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of Cambridgeshire’s sportsmen and women, coaches, volunteers, organisations and clubs.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut