Ely City launch floodlight fund
- Credit: Archant
Football ELY City has been told that its floodlights will need replacing by the end of 2017 and fundraising to purchase a set of replacements is already under way.
In order to meet the costs of the project, the club have started a floodlight collection fund, money which must be found if the club is to maintain and move on from the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Allowing for funding from the Football Foundation, the club will need to find a further £12,000 plus VAT to support an application.
Committee member Len Cutchey said: “The club is run by a small dedicated team of volunteers who give up their time freely to support the club and with your support we can reach our target.
“Already we have a fundraising Christmas raffle and a dinner dance in support of this project and the support of the 100 Club which earns funds for the club. With your support and the generosity of the local community we are looking to move forward at a pace. Help us get switched on!”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.pitchero.com/clubs/elycity/ for more information.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment