Ely ladies hockey team bring home the points
- Credit: Archant
Ely City ladies battled to bring home the points when they travelled to Bury St Edmunds to play.
Unfortunately, due to a waterlogged astro pitch, Ely City men’s first, men’s second and ladies thirds home matches were cancelled.
However, second place in the league, Ely City Ladies 1st XI though travelled away to face fourth place Bury St Edmunds 2nd XI team, for an early morning push back.
They were hoping to continue their winning ways,as they were only three points behind top of the league. A win would see them continue to put the pressure on for first place.
It was a tough game but Ely City battled until the end and with a goal from Rhianne Jones ended the match with a 1-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
Ely City Ladies seconds travelled to Newmarket to play their 2nd XI.
Despite heavy rain, play ended with Ely City pressing hard and spending a lot of time in the attacking 25.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Newmarket had a few breaks but with some great defending and fantastic saves by goalie Evie Flack, Ely City kept them at bay.
When the Newmarket goalie was yellow carded and sent off for five minutes, it looked as though City might earn their first three points of the season but it wasn’t to be.
The match ended in a 0-0 draw and Ely City earning their first point of the season