Ely men and women reach Christmas top three with imperious displays
- Credit: Ely City Hockey Club
Ely City Hockey Club’s ladies ended the calendar year on a high to secure a Christmas top three spot.
Evie Flack’s hat-trick sealed a 3-0 win over Huntingdon 1sts in Division Three North West of the East League on Saturday.
The seconds beat Haverhill 1sts 2-0 in Division Four North West, while Ely 3rds lost 8-1 to March Town 1sts as their winless run stretched to three games.
Danni Guest scored Ely’s goal in a game which March led 3-1 at half-time in Division Five North West.
As for the men, the first-team's unbeaten run in Division Three North West continued with a 5-0 victory at Kettering 2nds.
Reece Laffar opened the scoring for Ely, before he and Tim Reynolds added to the tally.
Laffar then secured his hat-trick before Joe Clark rounded off a comprehensive win.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
In Division Four North West, Ely 2nds beat St Neots 2nds 4-0 and in Division Six North West, Ely 3rds beat Kettering 5ths 3-1.
Cameron Ludlow scored twice and Liam Goodson also netted for the visitors.