Ely City ladies hockey team fight for promotion while the men’s second team draw to Cambridge Nomads
- Credit: Archant
With beautiful spring like weather a welcome relief after the frozen pitches stopping play in previous weeks, Ely City Ladies 1s continued their fight for promotion with a 2-0 win away against Horncastle 1s.
Jo Rayner scored both goals for Ely City.
The Mens 1s were on winning form too in their rearranged game against Spalding 2s.
A penalty flick awarded to Tom Grimshaw was followed by further goals from Tom, Warren Dennis, Matt Samuel and Chris Purlant resulting in a 5-3 win for Ely City.
Despite only having 10 players, Ely City Ladies 2 played a fantastic match against Sudbury 2s. They were complimented by the opposition’s umpire on how well they played.
They were, however, unfortunately unable to score and ended the game with a 0-2 loss.
Ely City Mens 2 had a better luck with a 0-0 draw away against Cambridge Nomads 2s.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 6 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
The Mens 3s lost their match 0-5 against St Ives 4s.