Ely City ladies hockey team fight for promotion while the men’s second team draw to Cambridge Nomads
- Credit: Archant
With beautiful spring like weather a welcome relief after the frozen pitches stopping play in previous weeks, Ely City Ladies 1s continued their fight for promotion with a 2-0 win away against Horncastle 1s.
Jo Rayner scored both goals for Ely City.
The Mens 1s were on winning form too in their rearranged game against Spalding 2s.
A penalty flick awarded to Tom Grimshaw was followed by further goals from Tom, Warren Dennis, Matt Samuel and Chris Purlant resulting in a 5-3 win for Ely City.
Despite only having 10 players, Ely City Ladies 2 played a fantastic match against Sudbury 2s. They were complimented by the opposition’s umpire on how well they played.
You may also want to watch:
They were, however, unfortunately unable to score and ended the game with a 0-2 loss.
Ely City Mens 2 had a better luck with a 0-0 draw away against Cambridge Nomads 2s.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The Mens 3s lost their match 0-5 against St Ives 4s.