Ely City Earn A Draw That Feels Like A Win
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Kirkley & Pakefield 2 Ely City 2 It felt more like a win. That was the view of Ely manager Dennis Lightning after his depleted side earned a fabulous draw at Kirkley on Saturday. Lightning had four players unavailable f
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Kirkley & Pakefield 2 Ely City 2
"It felt more like a win." That was the view of Ely manager Dennis Lightning after his depleted side earned a fabulous draw at Kirkley on Saturday.
Lightning had four players unavailable for the trip, and after a goalless opening 45 minutes the visitors found themselves two goals down.
Ely got on top towards the finish however, and with 15 minutes left Stephen Bell reduced the arrears with a great left-foot drive.
Kirkley looked to have held on to all three points as the match entered stoppage time, but Brady Stone launched a corner into the home penalty area and Richard Chadwick nodded in to redress the balance.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 10 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
City host Needham Market in the League on Saturday.