Ely City 3-0 Kirkley & Pakefield: Robins boost survival hopes with impressive victory
- Credit: Archant
Ely City boosted their hopes of Thurlow Nunn Premier Division survival with a comprehensive 3-0 success over Kirkley & Pakefield on Saturday.
The Robins bounced back from their disappointing FA Vase exit by hitting three second-half goals to ease to their first league success since the start of January.
Sam Reed squared for Ash Walter to give the hosts the lead, before Reed netted his first goal for the club after the visiting ‘keeper spilt a Craig Neal free-kick.
Alex Theobald then netted his 14th goal of the season to give Ely the perfect start to a week which will see them play three times.
The second of those games comes tomorrow night - a tricky away test to high-flying Newmarket Town (7.45pm) - before the Robins’ busy week is concluded with the visit of Haverhill Rovers on Friday night (7.45pm).
You may also want to watch:
Ely now sit just two points above the drop zone, but only three away from 14th place.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day