Ely cadet Callum to swim for victory in competition
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s cadets were flying high in the swimming stakes as they fought off competition from squadrons across Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
The cadets swimming team went up against 29 air cadet squadrons in the friendly but tough competition.
Last year the squadron was proud to win the junior boys trophy but this year the competition was even tougher and Ely came third.
However, having taken gold in both the butterfly and individual medley, cadet Callum Bond was over the moon at being selected to join the wing swimming team to represent Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
He will take part against all the other six wings in Central and East England in the region swimming finals later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Callum will be awarded his wing blue for representing the two counties when he next compete, but the whole Squadron will be willing Callum to win and hopefully move forward to the National Championships.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse