Ely Bowls ace Connor keeps his cool to clinch place in Scottish International Championships
- Credit: Archant
Ely Bowls ace Connor Cinato will live his dream of going head-to-head with some of the finest talents in the sport after clinching a place in the Scottish International Championships.
Connor, who was crowned Co-op Funeralcare’s Wildcard Bowls regional champion last month, travelled to Blackpool for the grand final and to compete for a place in bowls’ flagship tournament in November.
He faced stiff competition from the other regional champions, but overcame Paul Maynard in a tie-break to take the victory.
Connor will now go on to play bowlers such as Greg Harlow and Nicky Brett in Perth, Scotland, next month.
Mark Chappelhow, national community manager, said: “The final was certainly an exciting event, and we’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who turned up to support the six regional finalists. We’ve been sponsoring the bowling community for many years, but this competition is completely unique to anything we’ve done before.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish Connor all the best for the Championships in a few weeks’ time.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire