Ely Beet-en in the rain
Men s League RAIN wiped out most of the fixtures last Thursday but Ely Beet A managed to play 12 ends, losing to Fordham on all rinks. In the singles, Roly Barker of Sutton lost 21-5 to Mike Daniels who now meets his Beet club mate Tony Willett in the se
RAIN wiped out most of the fixtures last Thursday but Ely Beet A managed to play 12 ends, losing to Fordham on all rinks.
In the singles, Roly Barker of Sutton lost 21-5 to Mike Daniels who now meets his Beet club mate Tony Willett in the second round.
At Milton, Bob Waters put out Gordon Bridges 21-7 to set up a tie with another Soham player - Brian Monaghan.
You may also want to watch:
IN the only match played in the rain at Ely Beet, Fordham scraped home by one shot, but the four and a half points they earned took them to the top of the table.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Afternoon League Division One
SOHAM maintained their lead, with second spot now occupied by Bottisham A who edged ahead of Littleport B by taking all the points off the A team. Willingham got off the bottom with their first win by a record 62 shots.
Bottisham A pipped last year's finalists Burwell by one shot in the first round of the Gordon Bridges Cup. Also through are Newmarket who put out Mitchell Lodge and Haddenham A, who were big winners against Hiam.
Afternoon League Division Two
NO change in the top three, with front runners Fordham B still unbeaten but knocked out of the Frank Turner Cup at Sutton. Also out are the A team, failing by three shots at Isleham. Still in the competition with away success are Bottisham B and Mildenhall, accounting for Ely Beet and Stretham respectively.