Ely Battle To Victory In Ipswich
ELY moved up to third in Division 2N of the East League setup with a telling 4-2 win over Ipswich & East Suffolk. Ely started briskly and passed the ball around well creating several one on one opportunities against the home keeper but they failed to capi
ELY moved up to third in Division 2N of the East League setup with a telling 4-2 win over Ipswich & East Suffolk.
Ely started briskly and passed the ball around well creating several one on one opportunities against the home keeper but they failed to capitalise.
Debutant Joel Gilmour continued to menace the home defence with skill and pace which eventually lead to the opening goal for second debutant Dan Jolley, to open the scoring for Ely with a cunning reverse stick under the advancing keeper.
Ipswich levelled the scores with a reverse stick shot of their own but Ely restored their lead shortly after with a well worked short corner routine allowing time and space enough for Tom Rutledge to slot past the Ipswich keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Early in the second half Ipswich levelled the scores with a team effort shot that eluded the Ely defence by virtue of it's lack of power, dribbling past the keeper to creep over the goal line.
However, the pace of the game started to take its toll on the home side and Ely scored two further goals in quick succession thanks to another solo effort from Jolley and a pinpoint shot from George Bullock.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car