Ely Barracudas swim to success and snap up 32 medals at County Championships
- Credit: Archant
City of Ely’s Barracudas put on a terrific performance to snap up an incredible 32 medals in front of packed crowds at the recent Cambs ASA County Championships.
The Barracudas bagged eight Golds, 13 Silver and 11 Bronze at the Championships, which were held over three weekends at Parkside and Whittlesey Pools.
The best atmosphere of the weekend was saved for the final Sunday of team relays, where Ely managed a very creditable fifth after some thrilling racing.
In the overall age group competitions, Daniel Kendall was crowned the U10 County Champion, George Goodfellow finished second in the U12 boys competition, and Ciara Taylor was fourth in the U11 girls.
Many personal best times were achieved and club records broken right across the Ely team. Although competing against larger clubs, the Ely swimmers demonstrated yet again how their hard work supported by their Head Coach, Elaine Hill, and all the volunteers is paying off.
You may also want to watch:
The Barracudas will be in action again against local clubs in the Fenland League which begins next month.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success