Ely artists are a dance force to be reckoned with
Roller Skating THE Ely Artistic Roller Skating Club was a force to be reckoned with when a record number of members skated in the Soham Open Roller Skating Competition at the Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham earlier this month. The standards were extremel
THE Ely Artistic Roller Skating Club was a force to be reckoned with when a record number of members skated in the Soham Open Roller Skating Competition at the Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham earlier this month.
The standards were extremely high with the skaters competing against clubs from right across the country. The results were impressive with many of the Ely members skating in their first competition. Amongst the medallists were newcomers Soffia Handley winning a gold in her solo dance event, Wanda Handley silver in her figures event and Sophie Woodbridge and Rianne Farrow-Gadsby winning bronze in their solo dance and freestyle events respectively.
Other newcomers Madison Bailey, Charlotte Morton, Aimee Robinson, Sigrid Wilmer-Aukema and Anna Eavis (not pictured) showed great potential in their performances.
You may also want to watch:
Gold medals were also won by Fiona Cox (not pictured) and Zoe King in their figure events. Silver medals were won by Rachel Hobbs for figures, Zoe King for freestyle and Ellis Hennebry and Abigail Bowen for their duo dance.
Bronze medals were won by Richard Culpin for solo dance, Claire Tuck for figures, Megan Snooks for solo dance, Ellis Hennebry for solo dance, Charlotte Allen solo dance, Chloe Thompson and Emma Taylor for duo dance, Charlotte Allen and Claire Tuck for duo dance and Hannah Walkley for solo dance and freestyle.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
Medals were narrowly missed by Nancy Allen in solo dance, Rianne Farrow-Gadsby in figures, Rachel Hobbs in Figures, Chloe Thompson in freestyle and Wanda Handley in solo dance.