Ely artists are a dance force to be reckoned with
Roller Skating THE Ely Artistic Roller Skating Club was a force to be reckoned with when a record number of members skated in the Soham Open Roller Skating Competition at the Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham earlier this month. The standards were extremel
THE Ely Artistic Roller Skating Club was a force to be reckoned with when a record number of members skated in the Soham Open Roller Skating Competition at the Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham earlier this month.
The standards were extremely high with the skaters competing against clubs from right across the country. The results were impressive with many of the Ely members skating in their first competition. Amongst the medallists were newcomers Soffia Handley winning a gold in her solo dance event, Wanda Handley silver in her figures event and Sophie Woodbridge and Rianne Farrow-Gadsby winning bronze in their solo dance and freestyle events respectively.
Other newcomers Madison Bailey, Charlotte Morton, Aimee Robinson, Sigrid Wilmer-Aukema and Anna Eavis (not pictured) showed great potential in their performances.
Gold medals were also won by Fiona Cox (not pictured) and Zoe King in their figure events. Silver medals were won by Rachel Hobbs for figures, Zoe King for freestyle and Ellis Hennebry and Abigail Bowen for their duo dance.
Bronze medals were won by Richard Culpin for solo dance, Claire Tuck for figures, Megan Snooks for solo dance, Ellis Hennebry for solo dance, Charlotte Allen solo dance, Chloe Thompson and Emma Taylor for duo dance, Charlotte Allen and Claire Tuck for duo dance and Hannah Walkley for solo dance and freestyle.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car
Medals were narrowly missed by Nancy Allen in solo dance, Rianne Farrow-Gadsby in figures, Rachel Hobbs in Figures, Chloe Thompson in freestyle and Wanda Handley in solo dance.