Medal wins for Ely Archers
- Credit: Archant
Ely Archers managed to collect a total of 18 medals and three trophies at the annual Jolly Archers competition at St Ives on Sunday February 10.
This archery competition also incorporates the Cambridgeshire County Indoor Championships. Ely Archers had seven archers in attendance with five of them coming away with at least one medal.
Harry Tapp, from Ely Archers, was crowned junior gents recurve county champion and Malcolm basing was crowned gents barebow county champion for 2019.
Harry is part of Archery GB’s National Age Group Academy and trains with his coach Gaynor Hutchison from Aim4sport in Sandy.
This was the first time Malcolm had attended the competition and it was only his fourth ever archery competition.
You may also want to watch:
Other wins for Ely included medals in the recurve and barebow team events as well as individual wins in the barebow and recurve single and double rounds.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical