Medal wins for Ely Archers
- Credit: Archant
Ely Archers managed to collect a total of 18 medals and three trophies at the annual Jolly Archers competition at St Ives on Sunday February 10.
This archery competition also incorporates the Cambridgeshire County Indoor Championships. Ely Archers had seven archers in attendance with five of them coming away with at least one medal.
Harry Tapp, from Ely Archers, was crowned junior gents recurve county champion and Malcolm basing was crowned gents barebow county champion for 2019.
Harry is part of Archery GB’s National Age Group Academy and trains with his coach Gaynor Hutchison from Aim4sport in Sandy.
This was the first time Malcolm had attended the competition and it was only his fourth ever archery competition.
You may also want to watch:
Other wins for Ely included medals in the recurve and barebow team events as well as individual wins in the barebow and recurve single and double rounds.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'