Ely Archers get 18 medals at annual competition
Ely Archers managed to collect a total of 18 medals at the annual Jolly Archers competition.
This archery competition also incorporates the Cambridgeshire County Indoor Championships.
Ely Archers had nine archers in attendance with seven of them coming away with at least one medal.
Harry Tapp from Ely Archers was crowned junior gents recurve county champion and Jasmine Pearson was crowned junior ladies barebow county champion for 2020.
This was the first time Jasmine had attended the competition and it was only her second ever archery competition.
You may also want to watch:
Ely Archers also won the county barebow team award, which consisted of Alison Pritchard (also second place ladies barebow), Kim Pearson and Malcolm Basing.
Other wins for Ely Archers included medals in team recurve (Harry Tapp, Mel Tang-Richardson and Ian Chapman) and Harry also came first in the junior gents recurve double round which was also a new county record.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Harry is part of Archery GBs National Age Group Academy and trains with his coach Gaynor Hutchison at Aim4sport in Sandy.
The competition took place at St Ives on February 9.