Ely and Littleport meet in final of tournament organised in memory of former player Stuart Seekings who died of cancer
- Credit: Archant
Ely City saw off Littleport Town to win the Stuart Seekings Memorial match.
Two years ago, Stuart Seekings lost his life aged 30 to cancer. He was a talented footballer and played for both Littleport and Ely.
In his memory, teams representing Littleport, Ely City, Isleham and Little Downham competed in a three day event raising £427 for the Brain Tumour Charity.
On Thursday, at Littleport Leisure Centre, Ely City beat Littleport Town 3-1.
Stuart’s mother Julie Lewis curtailed her holiday to jet in specially to present the cup to the winning team.
You may also want to watch:
Littleport Town’s Jamie Gayfer said after the match: “Stu played for both sides so it was fitting that they both met in the final.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'