Ely trio take time trial team prize in club record
- Credit: Davey Jones
Ely & District Cycling Club's Rob Golding, Darran Bennett and Simon Butteriss won the team competition at a 50-mile time trial held by Finsbury CC on the F2/50 course.
Their time of five hours, 12 minutes and 15 seconds was also a club record, beating the old mark by over 12 minutes.
Golding's 1:44.16 was one second faster than Bennett and six quicker than Butteriss, as they finished eighth, ninth and 10th overall.
Bennett was first in the veteran category, with Golding second.
Derek Ricketts (23.39) and Robert Coult (26.32) were 15th and 30th respectively at a 10-mile event on the N1/10 course near Sawtry.
Junior Tom Lewis took part in the London 2-day National Youth Circuit race and finished 39th and 60th on the first stage at Redbridge Cycling Centre.
He was 61st and 31st at the Cyclopark in Gravesend and finished in 51st place overall.
- 1 CCTV released after three people assaulted in city
- 2 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 3 See around £1.65m business park that offers eight industrial units
- 4 Young woman from Ely wins Orwell Youth Prize
- 5 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 6 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 7 Daughter prepares for third charity walk in memory of mum
- 8 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 9 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 10 Annual Green Fair returns to Ely for its second year
Harvey Woodroffe raced an omnium event on the 250m track at Bredfield near Ipswich and finished second in all four disciplines to take second overall in the under-12 group.