Ely & District riders record impressive results at National Championships
- Credit: Archant
Three Ely & District Cycling Club riders produced impressive results at the VTTA National Championships on Sunday.
Darran Bennett was first home for the B&T Motor Repairs-sponsored outfit, finishing in a time of 54 minutes and 31 seconds over the 25-mile course between Cambridge and Newmarket.
John Manlow and Derek Ricketts also claimed sub-hour times, recording times of 58:13 and 59:28 respectively.
It was success for a further six Ely riders, who took part in the club's annual open 10-mile time trial event between Mepal and nearby Lancaster Way.
Rory Havis was fastest in a time of 22:26, before Martin Holmes was the second Ely representative to cross the line in 23:59.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Peck was next to complete the course in 23:59, just 16 seconds separating him and Chris Brown who finished in 24:50.
On his return to time-trialling, Glen Clark recorded a healthy time of 26:19, as Alison Holmes made it home in 29:34.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Beforehand, four Ely riders cycled the E2/10 course near Newmarket held last week, with Rory Havis the pick of the riders.
He notched a personal best of 20:28, followed by Steve Peck (22:27), Will Shepherd (22:36) and Glen Clark (24:06).