Ely and District Cycling Club
Members of Ely and District Cycling Club tested themselves against the clock on the 12-mile Little Downham/Coveney circuit. The event is traditionally a two-up affair, in which equally matched riders work together in pursuit of glory. With a reasonable tu
Members of Ely and District Cycling Club tested themselves against the clock on the 12-mile Little Downham/Coveney circuit. The event is traditionally a two-up affair, in which equally matched riders work together in pursuit of glory. With a reasonable turnout considering the weather, four riders took up the challenge and posted respectable times. A powerful combination of Darren Cole and Ely's original fast man Colin Whitechurch got the better of Geoff Brewster and Martin Holland with a time of 33:11 against 35:57.
Choosing to ride solo, CC Breckland's star time trialler Alan Newark, pictured, set a blistering pace to post the fastest time of the evening of 31:22, while Richard Winrow managed 36:28. Ely Club's first lady Celia Whitechurch stormed into third place of solo riders with a hard-fought 39:31.
Young Harvey Leadbeater demonstrated his commitment to the sport by braving the adverse conditions to finish in 44:22.
The next event will be on May 9 for the 15-mile test from Sutton to Earith. Riders should meet at the Elean Industrial Estate, Sutton, about 15 minutes before the start at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more details check out www.elycyclingclub.com or telephone Marc Cox on 01353 749507.
Alternatively, take a look on the message board at www.phpbbplanet.com/forum/edcc.html and ask about anything cycling.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on