Ely 10is academy graduate meets idol Novak Djokovic while more than 100 youngsters enjoy tennis summer camps
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 children improved their tennis skills and tried their hand at a variety of other sports at Ely-based 10is Academy’s summer camps.
Sebastien Scaux, 10is director, said: “With five weeks and two different locations it was an ambitious project this year but the feedback has been so positive.
“On top of the camps, for the first time I was able to qualify my own coaches. I am lucky enough to work with the BTCA (British Tennis Coaches Association) which allows me to train and tutor some of the academy’s young players.
“Once ready, the players have to take a test. If they pass, they can become a qualified coach in the UK and in Europe”.
In the meantime, former King’s School pupil Ivan Kabanov, who just left 10is Academy due to his university commitment, went to France to train at the Mouratoglou Tennis Academy. There, he met his idol Novak Djokovic.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I was going to the gym when Djokovic just finished his fitness session, it was a great surprise to meet him. Later I saw him on court, he was so relaxed.
“Training near him showed me I have a long way to go but thanks to Seb I know that I can work in the tennis industry if I wanted to, even if it isn’t as a player.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station