Ely 1 Move Away From The Bottom
ELY 1 moved off the bottom of the Cambs Premier League after scoring their second win in a row, beating Botolph 30-24. Conditions were tough for Ely shooters Jenney Tovey and Julie Macintyre which made goals hard to come by in the early stages. But
ELY 1 moved off the bottom of the Cambs Premier League after scoring their second win in a row, beating Botolph 30-24.
Conditions were tough for Ely shooters' Jenney Tovey and Julie Macintyre which made
goals hard to come by in the early stages.
But as the opening half wore on, centre Jan Strugnell began to link well with Paula Edwards and Victoria Cutforth to push Ely forward and in to the lead.
At the same time, the trio were instrumental in interrupting Botolphs short pass strategy and pounced on any loose or wayward passes.
With the half-time score 13-8 Janice Quarrier was introduced into the game for the second period and brought extra height to the Ely attack enabling them to turn the screws.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Ely stretched away in the last quarter of the match as Quarrier tormented the home defence and got to the whistle in relative ease with the score at 30-24.