Eleanor comes out on top in first Cambridgeshire tour event
- Credit: Archant
Golf Ely City Golf Club’s Eleanor Gamble produced a fine round to claim the first stage of the Cambridgeshire Junior Girls Golf Tour.
Gamble took top spot in the 29-50 handicap section, accruing 24 points to beat Lucy Pepper, of Gog Magog Golf Club, into second place, with 20 points.
Girton’s Jessica Hollingsworth was third, with 19 points.
On Par Ely played host the first leg of the tour and the afternoon began with an hour of coaching with club professional John O’Leary for the eighteen competitors before they went on to the challenging course for a nine hole stableford competition.
In the second group of players, with a 51-54 handicap, Lauren McMaw (Brampton Park) finished in first place with 19 points, with Emily Hay (Cambridgeshire) in second with 16 points and Nicole Cornwell (Cambridgeshire) in third place with 16 points on countback from Abigail King (Brampton Park).
You may also want to watch:
The next tour event is scheduled for Sunday, July 12, at Heydon Grange.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 9 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip