EIBA President’s Tour visit Ely Club
THE City of Ely Bowls Club lost out as they took on an all-star team from the Indoor Bowling Association last week. Bowling Association President, Geoff Day, a long time member of the City of Ely Club and son of founder member Tom Day brought an EIBA
THE City of Ely Bowls Club lost out as they took on an all-star team from the Indoor Bowling Association last week.
Bowling Association President, Geoff Day, a long time member of the City of Ely Club and son of founder member Tom Day brought an EIBA select team to play two matches at the Ely indoor green on Nutholt Lane.
The team comprised many senior officers of the EIBA and guests from around the country and on both Friday and Saturday proved too strong for the home team winning both matches.
Saturday's game was preceded by a county under 16's match against Peterborough with a large crowd gathered to watch the youngsters. Not to be overawed by the occasion however, the Ely team of Lydia Sandercock, Chloe Easy, Josh Easy and Edward Elmore overcame their opponents by an impressive 25 shots to 9.
You may also want to watch:
The weekend however finished on a sour note for the Club. On Sunday (December 14) the match against Northampton and District, the zone 4 final of The Egham Trophy, the national mixed team competition, finished in a narrow defeat for Ely by 6 shots.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound