Impressive cyclocross racing for Ely members
- Credit: Archant
Five Ely & District Cycling Club members took part in the sixth round of the Eastern League Cyclocross season.
It took place at Stanborough Park in Welwyn Garden City on Sunday.
Despite the heavy rain, which made the grassy course very heavy going for the riders, five Ely & District Cycling Club - B&T Motor Repairs riders took part in the race.
In the Under 12s Kieran Vanhoutte had one of his best results of the season so far finishing in 15th place.
In the Under 14s race Isaac Barton finished in 28th place.
You may also want to watch:
Moving onto the older age categories, Ferenc Vanhoutte finished in 49th place in the Veterans race, while Martin Holland finished in 49th place in the grand vets race with Phil Peacock recording his first DNF of the season.
Club Time Trial events are held on Tuesday evenings between April and August, varying in distance from eight to 25 miles, either on out and back or circuit courses.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up