Impressive cyclocross racing for Ely members
- Credit: Archant
Five Ely & District Cycling Club members took part in the sixth round of the Eastern League Cyclocross season.
It took place at Stanborough Park in Welwyn Garden City on Sunday.
Despite the heavy rain, which made the grassy course very heavy going for the riders, five Ely & District Cycling Club - B&T Motor Repairs riders took part in the race.
In the Under 12s Kieran Vanhoutte had one of his best results of the season so far finishing in 15th place.
In the Under 14s race Isaac Barton finished in 28th place.
You may also want to watch:
Moving onto the older age categories, Ferenc Vanhoutte finished in 49th place in the Veterans race, while Martin Holland finished in 49th place in the grand vets race with Phil Peacock recording his first DNF of the season.
Club Time Trial events are held on Tuesday evenings between April and August, varying in distance from eight to 25 miles, either on out and back or circuit courses.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely