BASKETBALL: East Cambs Amazons talents Megan and Sarah selected for Norfolk under 17s development squad
- Credit: Archant
Two young basketball talents have been selected to be part of Norfolk’s under 17s development squad.
Megan Kolici and Sarah Pollard, who play for the region’s only women’s basketball team the East Cambs Amazons, impressed coaches at trials in Dereham last month.
Both Megan and Sarah, who go to Witchford Village College and Soham Village College respectively, are the Warriors’ youngest players, and Megan only took the sport up recently.
The Warriors’ coach, Rob Knapper, said: “Sarah is a talented player and always giver her coaches 100 per cent and Megan has been our diamond in the rough.
“She at first found training difficult but she stuck with it and in the short time she has been with us, we have seen her skill level increase.
You may also want to watch:
“We are over the moon that both have been selected onto the programme and their basketball knowledge and skill level will only increase as they attend the training sessions.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation