BOWLS: Over are this year’s cup winners
- Credit: Archant
The Final of the East Cambs Carpet Bowls Association League Knock-Out Cup, 2017/18 Season, was held at Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham, on Wednesday April 18.
The team from Over Carpet Bowls Club won the final this year against last season’s cup winners, Littleport Village Hall.
Over are also this season’s League Division 1 winning team.
In the final, the first two games of four’s saw Littleport Village Hall taking the lead by 14 to 12 shots, including the handicap of 2-shots to Littleport Village Hall and 1-shot to Over.
After the first set of pair’s games, the score reversed with Over taking the lead by 29 to 23 shots making a difference of only 6 shots going into the last set of pairs.
You may also want to watch:
In the final set of pair’s games, Over ran away with it by winning 9-3 on one carpet and 8-1 on the other, making Over this year’s winners with an overall final score of 46 to 27 shots.
It was a very enjoyable match to watch.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut