BOWLS: Over are this year’s cup winners
- Credit: Archant
The Final of the East Cambs Carpet Bowls Association League Knock-Out Cup, 2017/18 Season, was held at Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham, on Wednesday April 18.
The team from Over Carpet Bowls Club won the final this year against last season’s cup winners, Littleport Village Hall.
Over are also this season’s League Division 1 winning team.
In the final, the first two games of four’s saw Littleport Village Hall taking the lead by 14 to 12 shots, including the handicap of 2-shots to Littleport Village Hall and 1-shot to Over.
After the first set of pair’s games, the score reversed with Over taking the lead by 29 to 23 shots making a difference of only 6 shots going into the last set of pairs.
You may also want to watch:
In the final set of pair’s games, Over ran away with it by winning 9-3 on one carpet and 8-1 on the other, making Over this year’s winners with an overall final score of 46 to 27 shots.
It was a very enjoyable match to watch.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 4 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs