East Cambs Basketball Club celebrate end of ‘long and enjoyable’ season with trophy presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
The East Cambs Basketball Club celebrated the end of their ‘long and enjoyable’ season at the group’s trophy presentation evening on Wednesday July 18.
Before trophies were given out, Rob Knapper, the club’s head coach and chairman, addressed the players, friends and family members that had turned up with details of the next annual meeting.
He revealed the club has a new training base for the senior and under 18 men’s teams who are now based at the new sports hall at The Hive Leisure Centre on the new leisure park.
Rob said: “The senior team and the under 18s are growing. We no longer could train in comfort at Witchford Village College, so looked for a new venue.
“We hope to be working closely with the team at The Hive which will be of benefit to all of us. With this move, our women’s team, the Amazons, have now moved to Witchford Village College.
You may also want to watch:
“They have a bigger venue to train in and at a later time to attract new players”.
Awards were given to the Under 14, Under 16, Under 18 and Senior teams of the Warriors.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
List of winners:
Under 14: Most Valuable Player and Players player – Kenus Linkevicius
Most Improved – Joseph Bidewell
Under 16: Most Valuable Player and Players player – Kieran Edgley
Most Improved – Aleck Forrest
Under 18: Most Valuable Player and Players player – Aurimas Sileris
Most Improved – Alex Dower
Seniors: Most Valuable Player and Players player – Sam Green
Most Improved – Lloyd White
Rob Knapper added: “It has been an up and down season, but right from our youngest to our senior players, everyone has given the coaches and myself 100 per cent.
“The awards are richly deserved and those that have won the Players player should be proud as it was voted for their teammates”.
Anyone interested in playing for either the Warriors or the Amazons should get in touch with Rob. The Warriors run junior teams at Under 12/14/16/18 (ages 9-17) and a senior men’s team (ages 18+).
The Amazons women’s team have one team at the moment but players aged 12 and above are invited to come along.
For more information, email: email@example.com