FOOTBALL: Wicken goalkeeper Nick Pope signs new Burnley contract
- Credit: Archant
East Cambridgeshire goalkeeper Nick Pope has signed a new three-year deal at Burnley.
The 25-year-old from Wicken, who joined the Clarets from Charlton Athletic last summer, has also the option of a further year in his new deal.
The former Bury Town goalkeeper hit the headlines earlier in the season after turning in a top performance in his Premier League debut against Crystal Palace. He has gone on to make three more league appearances.
Pope told the BBC: “We are still growing as a club and I’m growing as a player. That’s what I wanted when I first signed.
“It’s been lucky on my part how it’s come about – a bit by default. But I’ve really enjoyed it since I’ve been in the team.
You may also want to watch:
“The lads in front of me have been excellent and helped me a lot – especially the two centre-halves (James Tarkowski and Ben Mee).”
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 6 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'