FOOTBALL: Wicken goalkeeper Nick Pope signs new Burnley contract
- Credit: Archant
East Cambridgeshire goalkeeper Nick Pope has signed a new three-year deal at Burnley.
The 25-year-old from Wicken, who joined the Clarets from Charlton Athletic last summer, has also the option of a further year in his new deal.
The former Bury Town goalkeeper hit the headlines earlier in the season after turning in a top performance in his Premier League debut against Crystal Palace. He has gone on to make three more league appearances.
Pope told the BBC: “We are still growing as a club and I’m growing as a player. That’s what I wanted when I first signed.
“It’s been lucky on my part how it’s come about – a bit by default. But I’ve really enjoyed it since I’ve been in the team.
You may also want to watch:
“The lads in front of me have been excellent and helped me a lot – especially the two centre-halves (James Tarkowski and Ben Mee).”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 5 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years