FOOTBALL: Wicken goalkeeper Nick Pope signs new Burnley contract
- Credit: Archant
East Cambridgeshire goalkeeper Nick Pope has signed a new three-year deal at Burnley.
The 25-year-old from Wicken, who joined the Clarets from Charlton Athletic last summer, has also the option of a further year in his new deal.
The former Bury Town goalkeeper hit the headlines earlier in the season after turning in a top performance in his Premier League debut against Crystal Palace. He has gone on to make three more league appearances.
Pope told the BBC: “We are still growing as a club and I’m growing as a player. That’s what I wanted when I first signed.
“It’s been lucky on my part how it’s come about – a bit by default. But I’ve really enjoyed it since I’ve been in the team.
You may also want to watch:
“The lads in front of me have been excellent and helped me a lot – especially the two centre-halves (James Tarkowski and Ben Mee).”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident