Downham Market match beats weather
RIDGEONS LEAGUE DOWNHAM Market s 1-0 First Division defeat of Norfolk rivals Fakenham was the only Ridgeons League fixture to beat the weather on Saturday, although the Friday night meeting between Cornard United and Whitton United in the same section did
DOWNHAM Market's 1-0 First Division defeat of Norfolk rivals Fakenham was the only Ridgeons League fixture to beat the weather on Saturday, although the Friday night meeting between Cornard United and Whitton United in the same section did take place, with the visitors winning 2-1.
Ely City's Hunts Premier Cup First Round clash with Huntingdon Town was postponed due to the weather, and will have to be re-arranged.
City were due to travel to Gorleston on Tuesday night for a Ridgeons League Quarter Final cup tie, but the hosts have a County Cup match which takes precedence. The tie has now been re-scheduled for Tuesday, January 29.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, Ely face a tough league encounter with fourth-in-the-table Saffron Walden Town.
Manager Dennis Lightning is hoping to sign another striker in time for the match, and Mark Johnston also comes into the reckoning after Friday night's return from a month away in Australia.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
Soham Town Rangers are meanwhile faced with another free Saturday because Premier Division leaders Needham Market - the scheduled visitors for second-placed Rangers - have to play VCD Athletic in the Fourth Round of the FA Vase, with the tie having been postponed last Saturday.