Diss Town 3-3 Ely City: last-gasp Diss leveller denies fifth consecutive Robins league win
- Credit: Archant
Ely City drew for just the second time this season after they were denied by a 93rd-minute Diss Town equaliser in a six-goal thriller on Saturday afternoon.
The Robins thought they had snatched their fifth win in a row after a late goal from the in-form James Seymour, but the home side struck in the last minute to level the game at 3-3.
The Robins went into the half-time break a goal down, but found an equaliser after an hour through Sam Goodge.
Diss re-took the lead soon after, but Ely found a second equaliser with a strike from substitute Matty Simpson following a flowing move.
The Robins, who were without boss Brady Stone on the touchline, thought they had snatched the win late on through Seymour’s fifth goal in as many games, but the Robins were denied by a dramatic last-gasp header from Diss Town’s Sam Page.
You may also want to watch:
The six-goal thriller was only Ely’s second draw of the season – the last coming on October 20 – with the Robins now 11 points behind league-leaders Wivenhoe Town.
The Robins will have to regroup quickly, as their next fixture is a re-arranged cup clash with Needham Market Reserves tomorrow (7.45pm).
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph