Disappointment for ladies as momentum fails to build
Ely Ladies 1 Cambridge University II 3
ELY fought hard but were unable to capitalise on last week’s win as they lost out to Cambridge University
A positive start from Ely saw them take the lead as Chanre Bond beat three defenders and clattered a superb reverse hit strike past the Cambridge goalkeeper to making it 1-0 to Ely.
The lead wasn’t to last however, and Cambridge fought back to score a goal soon after. Ely conceded another goal just before half-time.
The hosts came out in search of an equaliser in the second half but Cambridge made life difficult for Ely and netted a decisive third goal.
You may also want to watch:
Ely were unable to fight back and struggled with injuries and substitutions.
Pamela Clarke was awarded player of the match.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told