Desborough out in front at latest Ely time trial
- Credit: Archant
Cycling LEE Desborough was the man in form again as he led the field home at Ely and District Cycling Club’s latest time trial event.
A group of 21 riders took to the start line for the latest trial which saw competitors take on the Ely Rugby Club circuit, which heads out through Little Downham, Coveney onto the A142 before returning to Ely.
First across the finishing line was Desborough in with a time of 28 mins 12 secs, with second place Rory Havis stopping the clock on 28 mins 31secs.
The podium places were completed by Ben Harwin, who finished the course in a time of 29 mins 15secs.
Results: Lee Desborough 28.12, Rory Havis 28.31, Ben Harwin 29.15, John McAndrew 29.18, Steve Presland 30.56, Matt Eley 30.58, Cliff Loveday 31.20, Chris Brown 31.32, Geoff Brewster 32.19, Andy Stephen 32.22, Chris Barnes 33.19, Martin Holland 33.26, Colin Whitechurch 34.03, Michael Greunberger 34.07, Will Sheppard 34.14, Derek Ricketts 35.15, Bob Tavener 38.26, Paul Hayden 40.42, Celia Whitechurch 41.28
You may also want to watch:
Two-up: George Webb & Jamie Webb 29.15
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound