Depleted Ely Rally To Beat Ipswich
Ely City 4 Ipswich 0 A DEPLETED squad failed to stop Ely City from registering a comfortable win over Ipswich. Missing first team regulars Tim Reynolds and George Bullock, securing a win was always going to be difficult task for Chris Purllant s men but t
Ely City 4
A DEPLETED squad failed to stop Ely City from registering a comfortable win over Ipswich.
Missing first team regulars Tim Reynolds and George Bullock, securing a win was always going to be difficult task for Chris Purllant's men but their boundless endeavour ensured that they overcame a spirited Ipswich challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Ely struggled to beat the experienced Ipswich stopper in the early stages and arrived at the halftime interval only 1-0 up thanks to a neat finish from prolific scorer Tommy Hugo.
After the break however, the pace of the game eventually took its toll on the experienced Ipswich team and with the endless energy of Dan Jolley and Stu Clarke at the heart of the Ely midfield a healthy lead was opened up.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Stu Clarke netted following a flowing passing move and this was soon followed up by Hugo who fired hard and high into the Ipswich net. Ely skipper Chris Purllant then finished off the scoring with a neat diving finish at the far post to bring the game to a close.
Ely face the long travel to Felixstowe on Saturday to face a team that have lost just one game all season and scored in excess of 100 goals.