Dennis is in seventh heaven
RIDGEONS LEAGUE DIVISION 1 Ely City 7 March Town 2 ELY took out their frustrations from the weekend by mauling March Town on Tuesday night. James Reeves made his debut for the Robins, playing on the right side of midfield, and he was excellent. Reeves p
RIDGEONS LEAGUE DIVISION 1
Ely City 7 March Town 2
ELY took out their frustrations from the weekend by mauling March Town on Tuesday night.
James Reeves made his debut for the Robins, playing on the right side of midfield, and he was excellent. Reeves' pace, awareness, and crossing ability, caused no end of problems for the March defence and he went on to create four of the goals.
You may also want to watch:
Clinical finishing ensured Ely were 5-1 up at half-time, and after the visitors pulled one back early in the second half, the Robins went on to end any thoughts of a dramatic come-back, by smashing home two more goals.
The excellent Nick Impey, a summer signing, scored his second hat-trick for the club, Martin Westcott scored two, Andy Chatters got one, and a March player scored an own goal.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
March's two goals came from young Ashley Brand, who played for the Robins at the tail end of last season.
Ely manager Dennis Lightning said: "This was a must-win game for us after Saturday's defeat, and I'm delighted by the way we performed, we were superb throughout the team.
"It was also pleasing to see good officiating, after Saturday's shambles, and I have to give credit to the March players, who refused to let their heads drop, and kept fighting till the end."
# Ely are at home to Woodford United in the FA Cup on Saturday.