David Mould wins Adult Achievement Award at 2012 Ely Standard Sports Awards
DAVID Mould was named the winner of the Adult Achievement Award at the 2012 Ely Standard Sports Awards.
Judges described David as “a running machine” and praised his commitment to the sport. Not happy with running the occasional 10k or half-marathon, he is now coaching other runners.
They said: “His overall achievements are amazing and would inspire everyone.
“The judges thought that it is great he is passing on his knowledge and experience to others in a coaching capacity. His enthusiasm is bound to wear off on others and increase peoples interested in running.”
The trophy was presented by Laurence Maskell of All4Sports.
Mr Mould was unable to attend last night’s event. His award was accepted by Tom Jackson, editorial content manager of the Ely Standard.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
Craig Holgate - An exceptional runner who has improved further at the start of 2012
Alfie Smith - A superb role model in the local boxing scene, younger and older club members respect him and ask for his advice and guidance throughout every session.