Dave Theobald praises Soham Town Rangers players, chairman and fans after following Robbie Nightingale in leaving the club
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers are on the hunt for a new manager after Dave Theobald left the club to join Robbie Nightingale at Cambridge City.
Theobald departed Julius Martin Lane yesterday (Sunday 4) after guiding the Greens to an excellent 4-1 success over Romford on Saturday, and the Lilywhites have since announced that he has linked up with Nightingale once again in the managerial hotseat at ProEdge Westwood Road.
Senior players Robbie Mason and Will Lawton will take over the reins at Soham until a replacement is found.
Theobald said in a statement: “Myself and Robbie would like to say a massive thank you to Soham Town Rangers for letting us manage the first team.
“We appreciate the opportunity you gave us and have had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
You may also want to watch:
“There are too many people to list to thank who have helped us in the past fourteen months of our tenure, but our main thank you is to the chairman Stuart Hamilton.
“We have had great support on and off the pitch from him and has backed us with every decision.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
“We took over when the team was second bottom and now we are stepping down, leaving the team in a strong twelfth position.
“There is a very strong squad in place and we have no doubt that the team can make the play-offs with the right guidance.
“Thanks to everyone behind the scenes at the club, whose work sometimes goes unnoticed.
“Thanks to the fans who have supported the team through thick and thin.
“And lastly to all the players - you’ve been magnificent.”